Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer is Humming Along

My children are all settled in again. Kids are home from camp and had a great time.

I am feeling good. My nurse called me last week after my 28 week check up and told me that my sugar level was 139. She said that if it had been one point more she would have had me do the three hour glucose test. I think that my doctor, at my apt. next week, might decide to do the three hour anyways.

My last baby...dear Caleb...was 11 pounds one ounce at birth and I didn't have gestational diabetes! I was given a c-section (my first c-section) one week before my due date with him.

I already think that this baby is big. I am 29 weeks along and the baby seems to like to settle in under my ribcage.

Also, my nurse indicated that my iron is really low. Maybe that explains my total lack of motivation. I hope that a supplement of iron will help.

I have had many concerns with this baby that I'm pregnant with. I think that once you lose a baby, life is never the same. When I had my last ultrasound a marker showed up that might indicate that my baby has Trisomy 18. That is not a good diagnosis if it turns out to be true.

I did have a blood screen done previous to the ultrasound that did not indicate that my baby has Down's or Trisomy 18, but because of my age, I still have a higher chance of having a baby with health problems including those, especially with the marker that they found.

I have tried to put it into the Lord's hands and to "be anxious for nothing". I tell myself that if I can make it through the death of a child, I can make it through anything.

That is not to say that I don't pray that I hope it is God's will that this baby be born healthy and without major medical concerns. That is my fervent prayer.

I will have another ultrasound on August 11th and it will indicate whether or not the marker has "gone away" or whether it is still there. If it is still there (cysts in my baby's head) it means that there is still a chance that my baby is not well.

I have not shared this information with my family and most of my friends. I guess I feel it is safe to share it on a blog, which I have not told anyone close to me about.

My children as well as myself and my husband know that life is fragile, since Caleb's death. We pray together every night that the baby is healthy and will be born that way. They know that things can change very quickly, as it did with Caleb. We try not to take anything for granted anymore...especially each other.

I pray that you feel the Lord's presence today,
With Hope,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying that all is well with your little baby. You never do look at life the same way again. You get "woke up."

    I am 27 weeks today. I didn't know that we were so close in pregnancy! Exciting!

    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you...I know it can be scary awaiting the outcome.Just remember GOD is good in the good times and GOD is good in the bad times.God Bless

    ReplyDelete