Just for starters, my pants are not on backwards, although I am tired enough that I don't know why they aren't.
I was wondering if any of you have had experience with video monitors (for children). My parents offered to buy us some monitors to ease our minds about the baby when she eventually gets into her room and I don't have any experience with the video kind. Considering the way that Caleb died we will feel more at ease with one, as you can imagine. Any advice? Please let me know.
I made a fairly new (to me) recipe last night and my family devoured it. I used real Parmesan cheese like it calls for (not the imitation I sometimes buy) and the chicken was so yummy. Thought I'd share it with you. It was very quick to make and easy.
BISQUICK ULTIMATE CHICKEN FINGERS
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
In 1-gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika.
Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through the time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
High Attitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Servings: 4
Source: Bisquick box
Do any of you have any good, quick recipes that you can recommend? I'm trying to be more prepared for mealtime and would love a couple new recipes that don't take long to make. It is not a problem if it takes a long time to cook/bake in the oven or on the stove top...it is just the prep time that I don't have a lot of (who does?!)
My pediatrician has recommended that I not take my infant out into public for at least another month! I thought that I would enjoy having a baby in the fall, but now I realize how much more susceptible they are to sickness at this time of year when they are so small. My husband and I decided that the only time that I would take the baby out into public would be to go to church. I have decided that I will do my Bible study books at home, instead of attending the Bible studies that I enjoy going to, for the time being. Before I know it I will be able to go again. One of the studies is about Proverbs 31--Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman by Elizabeth George. It is quite good. It has/will help me as a wife/mom.
I was wondering if any of you have had experience with video monitors (for children). My parents offered to buy us some monitors to ease our minds about the baby when she eventually gets into her room and I don't have any experience with the video kind. Considering the way that Caleb died we will feel more at ease with one, as you can imagine. Any advice? Please let me know.
I made a fairly new (to me) recipe last night and my family devoured it. I used real Parmesan cheese like it calls for (not the imitation I sometimes buy) and the chicken was so yummy. Thought I'd share it with you. It was very quick to make and easy.
BISQUICK ULTIMATE CHICKEN FINGERS
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
In 1-gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika.
Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through the time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
High Attitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Servings: 4
Source: Bisquick box
Do any of you have any good, quick recipes that you can recommend? I'm trying to be more prepared for mealtime and would love a couple new recipes that don't take long to make. It is not a problem if it takes a long time to cook/bake in the oven or on the stove top...it is just the prep time that I don't have a lot of (who does?!)
My pediatrician has recommended that I not take my infant out into public for at least another month! I thought that I would enjoy having a baby in the fall, but now I realize how much more susceptible they are to sickness at this time of year when they are so small. My husband and I decided that the only time that I would take the baby out into public would be to go to church. I have decided that I will do my Bible study books at home, instead of attending the Bible studies that I enjoy going to, for the time being. Before I know it I will be able to go again. One of the studies is about Proverbs 31--Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman by Elizabeth George. It is quite good. It has/will help me as a wife/mom.
I was trying to be productive yesterday and while I sat and rested and nursed the baby I decided (ahead of time) that I would be productive too. I made a list of people and their phone numbers, who I knew were hurting in some way...cancer, trials, etc. and they were good friends who mostly I hadn't spoken with in a while. I called everyone on the list in a matter of 45-60 minutes and it was wonderful. I was able to touch base with most of them and God really touched my heart with the conversations we had. I pray that God will use me and I have to try and use my time wisely. I'm not saying that every moment should be spent busy, but when I'm overwhelmed I tend to shut down and don't get anything done. If I make lists I do so much better.
The baby is doing well. She had her frenulum clipped last week (skin under the tongue) because we were still having biting issues with her nursing. It really seems to have helped even though she didn't look like she was tongue tied, I think she was. I am thankful that the nursings are not painful anymore.
The baby also had an ultrasound done yesterday on her hips because when she was inside me she was breech and they do routine ultrasounds on their hips to make sure they are OK. We are going for a follow-up ultrasound in four weeks because one hip seemed a tiny bit different than then other (more developed I think). It is typical that by 9 weeks the other hip will catch up in growth apparently.
My oldest son is having a few issues at school and I'm wondering if the grief has not caught up with him. I have solicited some advice from a man at church who is a Christian and he is also a social worker who does counseling. I pray that we can get these things worked through and I also pray for all of my family in regards to the grief. I wonder how it will effect us all, long term. Everyone seems to be doing fairly well, although sometimes my children tend to be on the quiet side, especially as they get older so it is difficult to know what they are feeling.
I am looking for some sibling grief books that are Christian. If anyone knows of any, especially for older children, that would be great.
I did hear about a camp for any child who has experienced loss. It is a free camp and is held in California, Texas, Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts. It is called Comfort Zone and they have a website: http://www.comfortzonecamp.org/ It looks like a great place to go, although it is not based in Christianity.
I was on a blog yesterday and I saw a beautiful quote for anyone that has lost a child. It didn't have the authors name on it (if you know who the author is, let me know and I will give them the credit). It is as follows:
"They say that time in Heaven is compared to the "blink of an eye" for us here on this earth. Sometimes it helps me to think of my son (daughter) running ahead of me through a beautiful field of wildflowers and butterflies. So happy and completely caught up in what she is doing, that by the time she turns around to see if I'm behind her....I will be."
My husband and oldest son are going to help my best friend and her family move this weekend (Friday and Saturday). They will be very busy, I'm sure. They have six members of their family and that means a lot of furniture, etc. I am thankful that my husband/son are willing to help. If I didn't have the baby I would love to be there to and pitch in. I pray for a safe move for all.
It looks sort of dreary out today. I am going to go for an "outing". I wonder if I will get a medium Diet Coke at McDonald's drive-thru or an Iced French Vanilla Decaf with extra cream and extra sugar at Dunkin Donuts drive thru...decisions decisions. It is my way of keeping sane, while not bringing the baby inside any public place. :)
May the Lord bless you and keep you...
Love and Hope,
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment