I frequent second hand shops with my daughters and have not been able to find a comfortable clog that will stay on my feet without slipping. A friend of mine posted a picture of clogs that she recently purchased locally, called Danskos. They were blue paisley print. I loved the look of them and they are supposed to be so comfy on your feet, so.....
I went out and bought these!
The picture really does not do them justice. You can search Dansko and find a better picture of them, I'm sure, but I LOVE them! I am a pretty plain Jane so these add a little "fancy" to my outfits. They actually have a little glimmer to them.
They were more than I usually spend on shoes, but I wear my shoes like I drive my cars...till they are tired and worn.
Moving on to the tutu...and no, it isn't for me :)
A friend of a friend is trying to raise money by making and selling tutus and bows. I decided to be one of her first customers and wasn't disappointed. She did a beautiful job! Elisabeth loves them!
My sister in law is a very gifted quilter and I am proud to be the recipient of a few of her works of art. She recently sent me this wall hanging, which is so dear to my heart because it has the ability to change the Bible verse on it. She said that she will be sending me different verses as time goes on. The main part of it says: "Give thanks" and the first verse said "for those who love us" John 13:34. The second one (that she has already sent me) says "for the beauty of creation" Genesis 1:1
Many things to be thankful for...
Thinking of all of you, my friends, in blogger land.
With love and Hope,
Cheryl
Your clogs are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love Elisabeth's tutu, she is so adorable and your sister is very talented!
Your post has so much thankfulness and love in it!
...and I was waiting for the photo of you wearing your new clogs AND a tutu! I love the wall hanging your sister made. What a beautiful idea, especially knowing that there will be new verses to add to it in time.
ReplyDelete