Saturday, February 18, 2012

Encouragement

It has been a long time since I have posted, so I thought that I would pop in and say hi.

I have been encouraged lately, after having gone through/going through many trials, by having a message brought to my attention more than once. God seems to have to remind me multiple times before I actually "get" that he is trying to hammer something "home" with me.

The first time that I read recently about trials and how the Lord allows these things in our lives was on a blog that I follow: http://aftereva.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-have-been-spending-some-time-re.html

The video clip that really cemented the idea for me, after reading the blog, was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3U_FNMtBqw&feature=channel_video_titl It is of a speaker that spoke at my daughter's college. He is a dynamic speaker and is worth the time that you would spend listening to it. Please listen through the end. I had tears, it touched me so much.

On a different note, I was able to attend a scrapbooking crop today and this week I have completed 66 pages! I am thankful for that because I have really fallen behind. I enjoy the craft so much, but try not to let it take over my time too much.

I have also recently read the book: http://www.christianbook.com/used-organized-help-reclaiming-order-peace/glynnis-whitwer/9780891122883/pd/122883 It has really changed the way that I think about organization and has simplified my life quite a bit by making small changes in the way that I do things. I highly recommend the book to anyone who struggles with organization of thoughts, material belongings, paperwork, finances, etc.

My children are on school vacation this week and I'm looking forward to having them at home. Maybe, if the little one cooperates, I can sleep past 6:00 in the morning! She was two in October and is full of spunk.

I will try to post again soon. I pray that you are all doing well and I do enjoy reading all of your posts.

With love and Hope,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so sorry about your Caleb. I had a surprise pregnancy which ended in miscarriage in 2008. Even though I never knew my little one, I think of him/her everyday. I take comfort that he/she is with our Heavenly Father. You & I seem to have some things in common...I have three sons...17, 14, and our Daniel is almost 3 months! He was another surprise since I am 47! I also like to scrap book but am horribly behind. Good for you for getting so many pages done recently! I look forward to reading more of your blog. I hope you continue to post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I also live in a 100+ year old house in the northeast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you are feeling encouraged. I will have to check out these links if I ever get a free moment!

    ReplyDelete