Monday, August 6, 2012

Food (August 6th Part One)

We are having fun here trying new recipes to use the bounty from our garden before it spoils.  The first new recipe I tried today is Fresh Tomato Pie  We enjoyed this tasty treat tonight and I'm even going to try a leftover piece tomorrow, cold.  It apparently tastes great warm or cold.  As a side note, we love yellow tomatoes.  I think that they are less acidic and seem to be quite "beefy" (not as watery as our others).    



The second recipe we tried today is a variation of thisStuffed Green Peppers recipe.  My husband did make a few changes to the recipe.  He had me sample a bit of the "stuffing"...yummy!  The peppers that he used were from our garden and from his brother's garden.  His brother is a "green thumb" and grows enough vegetables for an army!  We will enjoy these tomorrow!    



1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your yummy food. It will taste all the better for having been home grown!

    ReplyDelete