Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthdays Galore

Happy Birthday to my dear husband who says he loves me "to the beach and back". Totally appropriate being that we are leaving for the beach tomorrow and will be there for a week. We are looking forward to some time together as a family without electronic devices and distractions like housework ;)

As I stated in my previous post...my husband and I share a birthday and my second oldest son's birthday is on August 14th. Can't believe he will be 15! Wow!

I feel as though I have had a lump in my throat for a while now and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I have been quite down lately and am trying to find a way out of my slump. I have so much to be thankful for, but at times life gets me down.

Just dealing with the loss of a child alone is a lot to deal with and then on top of it there is so much responsibility of "responsibly" running a household and having to address all sorts of different age appropriate struggles with children that range in age from 19 down to 1 year old.

I am going to try and grow even closer to God as we will be at the ocean. I need Him now more than ever before. I find that I feel so close to God there...you can't help but notice His handiwork all around you in that beautiful landscape. That is the last place that we spent with Caleb (the ocean) so that is also a factor in my emotions, I'm sure. We will be coming home on the day that Caleb went home to be with Jesus three years ago.

Take Care my friends,
With Hope,
Cheryl


James 4:8a
Come near to God and he will come near to you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you all!
    The ocean is breath taking I love it too!
    Have a fun,safe trip...hope you post alot of pictures!

    ReplyDelete