Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Who Turned the Lights Off?

Just checking in briefly after almost three days/nights without electricity. Dear Irene, the hurricane/tropical storm, plowed a path through my area and caused many downed trees and damage. That, in turn, caused a huge area to lose their electricity.

I n.e.v.e.r. want to have to take another cold shower in my life! I appreciate every little thing that I took for granted before we lost electricity on Sunday morning.

You realize that you are about to "lose it" when you start making up songs with your children about generators and flashlights lol

I will post pictures of our recent vacation soon. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again next year, Lord willing.

My children were supposed to start school tomorrow, but because a large portion of our town is still without electricity, they will start on Thursday.

Blessings to you, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. You and your family has been on my mind, I have been praying for you all.
    I look forward to seeing your vacation pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all ok. You have been on my mind. Isn't it wonderful to get back power after a period without it. Makes you appreciate our modern luxuries!

    ReplyDelete